Designer Shaw Main Area 188 Hull Speed 6.75 Model # 71 For Tri 271 SA/D 15.3 First Year 1983 I 40.4 D/L 284 Last Year 1986 J 13.4 BR 34% LOA 30.3 P 34.8 L/B 2.77 LWL 25.4 E 10.8 LWL /B 2.32 Beam 10.9 Eng D OR 16% Disp 10,400 Fuel 22 CSF 2.01 Draft 4.3 Water 38 MCR 24.6 Sail Area 456 M/F 0.69 Ballast 3,550 PHRF 186Info on Design Ratios
Bill Shaw's Letter About the Pearson 303
Successful boat companies build to the needs of their customers and, frankly, thats what the new 303 is all about- a boat that I feel fits the real sailing needs of a large number of yachtsmen. The design parameters were laid down as follows: 1) A really big boat in the 30 foot range that sails at low angles of heel, has a shallow draft, and excellent sailing qualities across a wide range of wind conditions. 2) An easily driven boat that can be handled easily by a couple or a young family- an efficient boat for experienced or inexperienced sailors alike.
Abovedeck, her cockpit is big, deep, and safe. Below her wide beam and generous freeboard give exceptional interior space- comparable with many competitive designs several feet longer.
Im gratified that over 100 sailors have chosen the 33 in just eight months of production.
Quite frankly, shes a lot of boat. And I know shes a lot of boat for the money.
Come Sail With Us .
|1. Teak toe rail.
2. Shelf alcoves P&S for personal gear.
3. A folding door makes the forward cabin completely private.
4. The toilet room has standing headroom, a molded, easy-to-clean vanity, optional hot water with pressurized shower, and ample locker space above and below the sink.
5. Teak and holly sole removes for easy access to the bilge.
6. Engine access behind ladder, assures easy servicing.
7. The quarter berth is a full double, and like all berths on board is at least 6' 6'' long.
8. Your knees will appreciate the radiused cockpit seats. Your spine will like the angled seat backs. A large sail locker is located to port. Seat backs have alcove stowage. The standard wheel steering has engine controls on the pedestal.
9. 5 cu. ft. icebox has injection-molded methane foam insulation side, bottom, and topfor minimum cold loss. Holds 50 lbs. of ice, plus food.
10. L-shaped galley; two .arge drawers and a cookware bin under the stove, a long locker above it, and a locker under the deep sink. Stove with oven is optional.
11. For sleep the settees are berths - the rest of the time they're more like immensely comfortable couches. Additional stowage is behid the removable seat backs.
12. Hanging locker and shelf-top stowage.
13. Bureau has 5 cubic feet of alcove stowage.
14. A truly comfortable double-berth, with an insert that removes easily to give added dressing area.
15. Foredeck anchor well with positive hitch and overboard drain. Holds anchor and rode.
Note: Ventilation is provided through the main hatch, midship hatch, and 4 opening ports.